About NETGEAR Kudos Rewards Program
NETGEAR’s mission is to be the innovative leader in connecting the world to
the internet. To achieve this mission, we must earn and maintain our
customers’ trust by protecting the privacy and security of their data.
This program encourages and rewards contributions by developers and security
researchers who help make NETGEAR’s products more secure. NETGEAR provides
kudos points for qualifying vulnerability submissions to this program. In
addition to this program NETGEAR offers a Cash Rewards Program that includes
large payouts for eligible High Impact Submissions. If you believe you have
found a vulnerability that meets the criteria for a cash reward please submit
it to the NETGEAR Cash Rewards Program.
This program only awards points for VRT based submissions.
This kudos only program focuses on vulnerability submissions out of scope for
the NETGEAR Cash Rewards Program and not
specifically disqualified by Program Exclusions.
- Any NETGEAR web or device properties out of scope for the NETGEAR Cash Rewards Program unless listed in Program Exclusions
Out of Scope Targets:
- *.mynetgear.com sites are strictly out of scope. Subdomains of this host are not NETGEAR properties
Priority and Reward Guidelines
NETGEAR will issue kudos points for any issue deemed to be unique, valid, and
at least a P4 in Bugcrowd’s Vulnerability Rating Taxonomy
- Duplicate reports of security issues, including security issues that have already been identified internally
- Automated scanning attacks
- Social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing)
- Physical attacks such as office access (e.g., open doors, tailgating)
- Distributed Denial of Service attacks and Denial of Service attacks
- Violations of licenses or other restrictions applicable to any vendor's product
- Theoretical security issues with no realistic exploit scenario(s) or attack surfaces, or issues that would require complex end user interactions to be exploited, may be excluded
- Discovery of any in-use service whose version contains known vulnerabilities (such as a specific version of OpenSSL, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) without a demonstration of intrusion, information retrieval, or service disruption using that vulnerability
- Any testing on *.mynetgear.com sites
Legal Terms and Conditions
In addition to these Terms and Conditions regarding the NETGEAR Responsible
Disclosure Program (the "Program"), there may be additional restrictions
depending upon applicable local laws.
- The parties to this Agreement are you and NETGEAR.
- "NETGEAR" refers to NETGEAR, Inc. and its affiliates.
- By submitting the security bug, you affirm that you have not disclosed and agree that you will not disclose the security bug to anyone other than NETGEAR. Absent NETGEAR's prior written consent, any disclosure outside of this process would violate this Agreement. You agree that money damages may not be a sufficient remedy for a breach of this paragraph by you and that NETGEAR will be entitled to specific performance as a remedy for any such breach. Such remedy will not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for any such breach but will be in addition to all other remedies available at law or equity to NETGEAR.
- By submitting information about a potential security bug, you are granting NETGEAR a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use your submission for the purpose of addressing security bugs in NETGEAR’s products and services.
- In the event of substantially duplicate submissions, NETGEAR may at its discretion provide a Reward only for the earliest received submission. Eligibility for Rewards, determination of the recipients, and amount of Reward is at the discretion of NETGEAR.
- If issues reported to our bug bounty program affect a third party or another vendor, NETGEAR reserves the right to forward details of the issue along to the party without further discussion with the researcher.
- You are responsible for all taxes associated with and imposed on any Reward you may receive from NETGEAR.
- You may only exploit, investigate, or target security bugs against your own accounts and/or your own devices. Testing must not violate any law, or disrupt or compromise any data or access data that is not yours; intentional access of customer data other than your own is prohibited.
- If you inadvertently access proprietary customer, employee, or business related information during your testing, the information must not be used, disclosed, stored, or recorded in any way. Inadvertent access of the data must be declared within your submission.
- Your testing activities must not negatively impact NETGEAR, NETGEAR’s products or services generally, or NETGEAR's online environment availability or performance.
- NETGEAR may choose not to remediate at its sole discretion.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the items listed above. This Agreement is covered by California law. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a subsequent agreement in writing.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then the parties will be relieved of their responsibilities arising under such portion, but only to the extent that such portion is illegal or unenforceable.
- You must not be the author of the code with the vulnerability.
- You must not be a NETGEAR employee, contractor, or a family member of an employee or contractor.
NETGEAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL THE NETGEAR RESPONSIBLE
DISCLOSURE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND
SUBMISSIONS ARE STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. THIS OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
AND IN PARTICIPATING, YOU MUST NOT VIOLATE ANY LAW. YOU ALSO MUST NOT DISRUPT
ANY SERVICE OR COMPROMISE ANYONE’S DATA.
This bounty follows Bugcrowd’s Public Disclosure
Requests to disclose the results of a submission will be considered on a case
by case basis and require explicit prior written consent from NETGEAR.
This program follows Bugcrowd’s standard disclosure
This program does not offer financial or point-based rewards for P5 —
Informational findings. Learn more about Bugcrowd’s VRT.
Hall of Fame