About Arlo Cash Rewards Program
This program encourages and rewards contributions by developers and security
researchers who help make Arlo’s products more secure. Arlo provides monetary
rewards and kudos for qualifying vulnerability submissions to this program.
For submissions outside the scope of this program Arlo rewards Kudos points.
Please click on the following link to the Arlo Kudos Rewards
NETGEAR products have their own Bug Bounty program. Please click the following
link to NETGEAR Cash Rewards Program.
For device testing, the following features are eligible for cash rewards:
Product | Firmware | Web Management | Client Apps | Cloud Infrastructure
Arlo Security Light | X | X | X | X
Arlo Bridge | X | X | X | X
Arlo Pro 2 | X | X | X | X
Arlo Pro | X | X | X | X
Arlo | X | X | X | X
Arlo Base Station | X | X | X | X
Arlo Go | X | X | X | X
Arlo Q | X | X | X | X
Arlo Q+ | X | X | X | X
Arlo Baby | X | X | X | X
Only vulnerabilities found in the latest version of the above are eligible.
Targets listed below denote Cloud Infrastructure that support in-scope devices
and are included in scope:
Last updated 16 August 2018 22:16:50 UTC
Technical severity | Reward range
p1 Critical | Up to: $1,200
p2 Severe | Up to: $600
p3 Moderate | Up to: $300
p4 Low | Up to: $150
P5 submissions do not receive any rewards for this program.
Target name | Type
Arlo Security Light | IoT
Arlo Bridge | IoT
Arlo Pro 2 | IoT
Arlo Pro | IoT
Arlo | IoT
Arlo Base Station | IoT
Arlo Go | IoT
Arlo Q | IoT
Arlo Q+ | IoT
Arlo Baby | IoT
Arlo iOS App | iOS
Arlo Android App | Android
Arlo Web App | Website
Arlo APIs | API
<https://www.arlo.com> | Website
<https://arlo.netgear.com> | Website
<https://updates.netgear.com/arlo> | Website
<https://arlo-device.messaging.netgear.com> | Website
Out of Scope:
- All Arlo products and properties not explicitly denoted in Targets, excluding High Impact Submissions as described below
- All vulnerabilities submitted to the NETGEAR Cash Rewards Program
Priority and Reward Guidelines
The Arlo Product Security team, at their sole discretion, determines the
nature and impact of the vulnerabilities disclosed including, but not limited
to, leveraging CVSS rating methodology to identify the appropriate payouts.
The first valid submission to alert Arlo of a previously unknown issue
qualifies for reward. Arlo builds products using a common platform and
framework. Multiple products sometimes inherit the same vulnerability. When
determining bounty awards, Arlo grants a single award that accounts for all
Every calendar quarter Arlo gives awayArlo Pro 2s to the first 10 valid P1 findings and
Arlo Security Lights to the first 10 valid P2 or P3 findings as a bonus.
High Impact Rewards
Arlo rewards submissions that Arlo determines meets a below High Impact
outcome. Arlo includes all products and services in scope for these
rewards. Cash Rewards will be awarded based on the following:
- Duplicate reports of security issues, including security issues identified internally
- Attacks against Arlo AWS infrastructure
- Automated scanning attacks
- Social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing)
- Physical attacks such as office access (e.g., open doors, tailgating)
- Distributed Denial of Service attacks and Denial of Service attacks
- UI bugs, UX bugs, and spelling mistakes
- Violations of licenses or other restrictions applicable to any vendor's product
- Vulnerabilities that are a result of malware
- Theoretical security issues with no realistic exploit scenario(s) or attack surfaces, or issues that would require complex end user interactions to be exploited, may be excluded
- Issues determined to be low impact may be excluded
- Discovery of any in-use service whose version contains known vulnerabilities (such as a specific version of OpenSSL, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) without a demonstration of intrusion, information retrieval, or service disruption using that vulnerability
Legal Terms and Conditions
In addition to these Terms and Conditions regarding the Arlo Responsible
Disclosure Program (the "Program"), there may be additional restrictions
depending upon applicable local laws.
- The parties to this Agreement are you and Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- "Arlo" refers to Arlo Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates.
- By submitting the security bug, you affirm that you have not disclosed and agree that you will not disclose the security bug to anyone other than Arlo. Absent Arlo's prior written consent, any disclosure outside of this process would violate this Agreement. You agree that money damages may not be a sufficient remedy for a breach of this paragraph by you and that Arlo will be entitled to specific performance as a remedy for any such breach. Such remedy will not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for any such breach but will be in addition to all other remedies available at law or equity to Arlo.
- By submitting information about a potential security bug, you are granting Arlo a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use your submission for the purpose of addressing security bugs in Arlo’s products and services.
- In the event of substantially duplicate submissions, Arlo may at its discretion provide a Reward only for the earliest received submission. Eligibility for Rewards, determination of the recipients, and amount of Reward is at the discretion of Arlo.
- If issues reported to our bug bounty program affect a third party or another vendor, Arlo reserves the right to forward details of the issue along to the party without further discussion with the researcher.
- You are responsible for all taxes associated with and imposed on any Reward you may receive from Arlo.
- You may only exploit, investigate, or target security bugs against your own accounts and/or your own devices. Testing must not violate any law, or disrupt or compromise any data or access data that is not yours; intentional access of customer data other than your own is prohibited.
- If you inadvertently access proprietary customer, employee, or business related information during your testing, the information must not be used, disclosed, stored, or recorded in any way. Inadvertent access of the data must be declared within your submission.
- Your testing activities must not negatively impact Arlo, Arlo’s products or services generally, or Arlo's online environment availability or performance.
- Arlo may choose not to remediate at its sole discretion.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the items listed above. This Agreement is covered by California law. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a subsequent agreement in writing.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then the parties will be relieved of their responsibilities arising under such portion, but only to the extent that such portion is illegal or unenforceable.
- You must not be the author of the code with the vulnerability.
- You must not be an Arlo employee, contractor, or a family member of an employee or contractor.
ARLO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL THE ARLO RESPONSIBLE DISCLOSURE
PROGRAM AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SUBMISSIONS ARE
STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. THIS OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IN
PARTICIPATING, YOU MUST NOT VIOLATE ANY LAW. YOU ALSO MUST NOT DISRUPT ANY
SERVICE OR COMPROMISE ANYONE’S DATA.
This bounty follows Bugcrowd’s Public Disclosure
Requests to disclose the results of a submission will be considered on a case
by case basis and require explicit prior written consent from Arlo.
This program follows Bugcrowd’s standard disclosure
This program does not offer financial or point-based rewards for P5 —
Informational findings. Learn more about Bugcrowd’s VRT.