No technology is perfect, and Voatz believes that working with skilled
security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in
any technology. If you believe you've found a security issue in our product or
service, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve
the issue promptly.
- Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
- Follow HackerOne’s disclosure guidelines __.
- Provide detailed reports with reproducible steps.
While researching, we'd like to ask you to refrain from:
- Denial of service
- Social engineering (including phishing) of Voatz staff or contractors
- Any physical attempts against Voatz property or data centers
Out of scope vulnerabilities
When reporting vulnerabilities, please consider (1) attack scenario /
exploitability, and (2) security impact of the bug. The following issues are
considered out of scope:
- Clickjacking on pages with no sensitive actions.
- Unauthenticated/logout/login CSRF.
- Attacks requiring MITM or physical access to a user's device.
- Previously known vulnerable libraries without a working Proof of Concept.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) injection without demonstrating a vulnerability.
- Missing best practices in SSL/TLS configuration.
- Any activity that could lead to the disruption of our service (DoS).
- Content spoofing and text injection issues without showing an attack vector/without being able to modify HTML/CSS
- Anything related to email spoofing or SPF related issues.
Any activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be
considered authorized conduct and we will not initiate legal action against
you. If legal action is initiated by a third party against you in connection
with activities conducted under this policy, we will take steps to make it
known that your actions were conducted in compliance with this policy.
Thank you for helping keep Voatz and our users safe!
Hall of Fame