No technology is perfect, and Matomo believes that working with skilled
security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in
any technology. If you believe you've found a security issue in our product or
service, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve
the issue promptly.
- Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
- Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
- Reported security issues must be original and previously unreported
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
- Please don 't run automated tools against live servers without contacting us first. If you want to test out Matomo you can easily set up your own instance __
- Please don't test contact forms and similar actions that send out emails
- Please don't sign up for more than one free trial on InnoCraft cloud.
The following issues are outside the scope of our rewards program:
- Path disclosure
- Information disclosure
- Version disclosure
- Open Directory Listing
- Application Errors on pages
- Crime/beast attack and Lack of HTTP security headers (CSP, X-XSS, etc.)
- Security issues as a result of running a Matomo instance without HTTPS
- Brute force, DoS, DDoS, phishing, text injection, or social engineering attacks.
- Output from automated scans - please manually verify issues and include a valid proof of concept
- Missing cookie flags on non-sensitive cookies.
- Vulnerabilities affecting users of outdated browsers or platforms.
- HSTS or CSP headers
- Vulnerabilities in code that is not packaged in the Matomo installation zip (such as tests) unless they affect the final release. Please make sure that the referenced file is thus also existent in our final releases.
Please submit any open source security issues directly to us via HackerOne,
do not open security-related issues on public GitHub repositories.
Thank you for helping keep Matomo and our users safe!
Hall of Fame