Paxos (the "Company") is focused on providing a secure platform. The Company
encourages responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities via our bug
To recognize the efforts of hackers disclosing these issues responsibly, the
Company will offer a bounty for reporting qualifying security vulnerabilities.
Please review the following program rules before reporting a vulnerability. By
participating in this program, participants agree to be bound by these rules.
Paxos will make a best effort to meet the following response targets:
- Time to first response (from report submit) - 5 business days
- Time to triage (from report submit) - 10 business days
- Time to bounty (from triage) - 10 business days
- As this is a private program, do not discuss this program or any vulnerabilities (even resolved ones) outside of the program without express consent from the organization.
- Follow HackerOne's disclosure guidelines __.
- Provide detailed reports with reproducible steps. If the report is not detailed enough to enable the Company to reproduce the issue, the issue will not be eligible for a reward.
- Submit one vulnerability per report, unless it is relevant to chain vulnerabilities in order to provide impact.
- When duplicates occur, the Company will only award the first report that was received (provided that it can be fully reproduced).
- Multiple vulnerabilities caused by one underlying issue will be awarded one bounty.
- Social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing, smishing) is prohibited.
- Any attempts to breach physical security controls of Company offices or datacenters is prohibited.
- Avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of the service.
- Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
- Participants must comply with all applicable laws in connection with participation in this program.
- Participants will be responsible for any applicable taxes associated with any reward received.
- The Company may modify the terms of this program or terminate this program at any time. Changes to program terms will not be applied retroactively.
As a guideline, rewards will based on severity as per the Common Vulnerability
Scoring Standard (CVSS). Final reward decisions will be at the discretion of
Critical (9.0 - 10.0) | High (7.0 - 8.9) | Medium (4.0 - 6.9) | Low (0.1 -
$7,500 | $3,000 | $1,000 | $300
Out of scope vulnerabilities
When reporting vulnerabilities, please consider (1) the attack scenario /
exploitability and (2) security impact of the bug.
The following issues will be considered out of scope:
- Clickjacking on pages with no sensitive actions
- Unauthenticated/logout/login CSRF
- Attacks requiring MITM or physical access to a user's device
- Previously known vulnerable libraries without a working Proof of Concept
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) injection without demonstrating a vulnerability
- Missing best practices in SSL/TLS configuration
- Any activity that could lead to the disruption of our service (DoS)
- Content spoofing and text injection issues without showing an attack vector or without being able to modify HTML/CSS
- Email related attacks including spoofing or issues related to SPF, DKIM or DMARC
- Password and/or account recovery policies (eg, reset link expiration, password complexity)
- Missing security headers which do not lead directly to a vulnerability
- Issues related to software or protocols not under Company control
- Reports from automated tools or scans
- Vulnerabilities affecting users of outdated browsers or platforms
Activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be
considered authorized conduct and the Company will not initiate legal action
against participants. If legal action is initiated by a third party against a
participant in connection with activities conducted under this policy, the
Company will take steps to make it known that the participant's actions were
conducted in compliance with this policy.
Hall of Fame