|Scope Type||Scope Name|
Forescout Technologies (the organization) looks forward to working with the security community to find vulnerabilities in order to keep its businesses and customers safe.
Forescout Technologies will make commercially reasonable efforts to meet the
following response targets for hackers participating in its HackerOne program:
• Time to first response (from report submit) - 2 business days
• Time to triage (from first response) - 5 business days
• Time to bounty (from triage) - 14 business days
Forescout will try to keep you informed about its progress throughout the process.
• Follow HackerOne's disclosure guidelines. Notwithstanding the HackerOne disclosure guidelines, the contents of a Vulnerability Report may only be made publicly available at Forescout’s sole discretion.
• Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Vulnerability Report shall be
deemed the confidential information of Forescout and shall not be publicly
disclosed without its prior written consent or used outside the scope of this
• Please provide detailed reports with reproducible steps. If the report is not detailed enough to reproduce the issue, the issue will not be eligible for a reward. When reporting vulnerabilities, please consider (1) attack scenario / exploitability, and (2) security impact of the bug.
• Submit one vulnerability per report, unless you need to chain vulnerabilities to provide impact.
• When duplicates occur, Forescout only awards the first report that was received (provided that it can be fully reproduced).
• Multiple vulnerabilities caused by one underlying issue will be awarded one bounty.
• You will not engage in social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing, smishing).
• Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of Forescout’s services. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
See below for domains that are in scope of this policy. You may not take any action to jeopardize the security of any system that holds our customers’ data or disclose their confidential information without their written consent.
The following issues are considered out of scope:
• Clickjacking on pages with no sensitive actions.
• Unauthenticated/logout/login CSRF.
• Attacks requiring MITM or physical access to a user's device.
• Previously known vulnerable libraries without a working Proof of Concept.
• Comma Separated Values (CSV) injection without demonstrating a vulnerability.
• Missing best practices in SSL/TLS configuration.
• Any activity that could lead to the disruption of our service (DoS).
• Content spoofing and text injection issues without showing an attack vector/without being able to modify HTML/CSS.
Please note that any vulnerability found on the marketing websites that also exist across other language subdomains will be considered one root issue and all subsequent reports will be marked as a duplicate of the first report submitted to the program.
Any activities conducted in a manner consistent with this policy will be considered authorized conduct and we will not initiate legal action against you. If legal action is initiated by a third party against you in connection with activities conducted under this policy, we will take steps to make it known that your actions were conducted in compliance with this policy.
Thank you for helping keep Forescout Technologies and our users safe!